Monday, September 30, 2013

Happy October (almost)

Olá família!

Happy October tomorrow! Can´t believe September is almost over. Only 3 more months until we ring in 2014. 

So this past week was interesting. I guess "rough" would be a better word haha. Tuesday the rain came down hard! We left our apartment with the sun shining and then 10 minutes later it was a straight up thunderstorm. The streets were flooded, the wind was freezing cold, and we were walking with our umbrellas directly in front of us to protect us. The few appointments we had marked fell through and by that point I was freezing to death and decided I needed to change my clothes and grab my raincoat otherwise I was going to get sick. On the way home the buses that were passing by kept getting us soaking wet. One car even went out of its way to splash water on us. I was annoyed but I had to laugh haha. It was like a movie scene when the main character is kind of blue and thinks nothing could get worse and just then a car drives by and completely soaks the person. Yeah, that was my life. 

Thursday we went on exchanges with Sister Moraes and Sister Dandaluz. I stayed in Taguatinga Norte with Sister Moraes. Around 3pm I started feeling super sick and getting dizzy but waited to see if it would pass. It didn´t pass. I went to the bathroom thinking I needed to throw up but wasn´t able to. We left the house we were at and I continued to feel sick. Long story short I threw up in the street two times during the rest of the day. Talk about embarrassing. 

Now for the funny story. Friday I still wasn´t feeling well, but the work must go on. We ate lunch and then went to visit a less active for the first time. She was super welcoming and nice and kept telling us how much she loves missionaries. I was super sick and since she was so sweet I asked if I could put my head down on the arm rest for a little bit. I was super tired because I passed Thursday night tossing and turning because of how sick I felt. Well I ended up falling asleep for like half an hour right there on the couch. My companion told me I woke up because I twitched. At least Cristina, the less active, was offended or anything she was just worried about me. 

Last night we had a stake fireside about missionary work. All of us missionaries sang a special musical number. Us four missionaries in our ward sang a special number in sacrament meeting yesterday as well. 

Now that I have written a novel I will leave the rest of the week´s happenings for another email. Here are the funny pics we took for my 9 month mark. The sisters in the mission always take pics like this to commemorate nine months in the mission.

Love,
Sister Kerr 
Have a great week! Don´t forget to watch General Conference this Saturday and Sunday :)

PS. Last night I saw Elder Sowards and Elder Fonseca which made me happy!! I love them :)


No comments:

Post a Comment