Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Snow Day

Oi!

It's been snowing all morning so everything is covered in white. Our walk to the temple was a little slower because all of us were afraid of slipping! The temple was great. We went as a district again and ate breakfast there. I am dreading the day I have to leave my district! We are all so close and it will be hard to not be with them everyday! We had two districts from our branch leave this week. All of them were called to Brazil but none of them have their visa so they were all reassigned. The places they were reassigned are: Birmingham, AL; New York, NY; Oklahoma City, OK; Charleston, WV. Still no word on our visas so I'm planning on being reassigned when that day finally comes. (Only 3 more weeks! Crazy!)

Just to update on Elder Hatch...when he went to the doctors last Tuesday the cyst/tumor they were worried about was gone! So he's all good to serve his mission. Last Wednesday the stomach flu made its way around the MTC again. There were 88 cases of it just in one day. My roommate, Sister Wolfley, had it but thankfully none of us caught it from her.

I've been called as the new Coordinating Sister for the branch which means the little amount of personal time I have won't really exist anymore. But that's ok, I'm looking forward to getting to know all of the sisters better. With my new calling I'll have meetings three nights a week and two on Sundays (one at 6:50 am!). We also got new zone leaders, Elder Lant & Elder Anderson. They are awesome and they will be serving in Brasilia like me :)

I've been trying to be more diligent with speaking Portuguese while I'm here because if I'm reassigned I don't know how long I'll go without practicing it. The thought of teaching in English scares me. I'm more comfortable with Portuguese!
Well, that's it for now. Everyday I realize how lucky I am to have the best family and friends! I feel your love and support and it makes the biggest difference!

Tchau
Love,
Sister Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment