Tuesday, January 22, 2013

4 More Weeks!

Hi all!

I have officially been at the MTC for over a month and have less than a month left! Woo hoo!! It's starting to get so crowded with all of the new missionaries!

Last Tuesday night for our devotional we had Jeffrey R. Holland come speak. He was amazing!! He said so many great things, but the one that stood out to me was when he told us this is real life! I've been in the mindset that after my 18 months I'll return home and go back to real life. He impressed upon us the realization that our missions are part of our lives. We will still have good days, bad days, and life experiences....this is as real as life will ever get. I know in some ways it's very much not like real life, but I'm glad he shared this message with us. I wish I could write about his whole talk...it was so inspiring!
Sunday, I gave the opening prayer in Relief Society in front of all the sisters! The amount of sister missionaries since I entered the MTC in December has probably almost doubled. There were so many! Sister Wixom, Primary General President, spoke and was awesome! This past week has been full of great talks :)

Last night we had a branch meeting and our branch president shared with us that one of the elders who has been here 2 weeks had a very serious doctors appointment this morning. We all prayed together for him. They think he might have cancer but nothing is certain yet. His name is Elder Hatch so keep him in your prayers.

This morning our district went to the temple together and then ate breakfast at the cafeteria in the temple. It was my first meal not eaten in the MTC Cafeteria in like 100 meals or something like that. The change of scenery was nice! The days are long, but the weeks are short. Every day I learn something new. Sister Ryan and I still love being companions, I know I'm very lucky to have her.
I think that's all for this week! Thank you SO MUCH for all of your letters, emails, and packages. You have no idea how much they mean! If you know of other missionaries in the field take some time to write them...they will definitely appreciate it :)

Love,
Sister Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment