Tuesday, January 15, 2013

(Almost) Halfway Done!

Oi!

Can you believe it...I've been at the MTC for 4 weeks! I'm almost to the halfway point. There isn't too much to share from this past week. We got 4 new sisters in our branch this week. We were supposed to have 5 but one already speaks Portuguese so she was moved into the advanced branch. Sister Ryan and I have two roommates now - Sister Hunt and Sister Wolfley (their names kinda go together, huh? haha). They are really cool so we lucked out. It's hard to have 4 girls crammed into a room, but we manage. Both of those sisters will be serving in the Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission.

It snowed last Thursday and Friday, and we had some flurries this morning when we walked to and from the temple. Last week it snowed a lot! The temperatures are still freezing cold (literally) but we don't spend a lot of time outside. Lately, Irmao Williams has been taking us on "vocab walks" where we take some time out of class to walk around campus and learn the Portuguese words for things like tree, sky, plants, etc. It's actually really refreshing to get out and breathe the fresh air! We moved into a new classroom on Thursday night so now all of the Portuguese districts are on the same floor.

Apparently President Uchtdorf was here on Sunday night and he spoke to the departing missionaries! I'm so jealous I didn't get to see him. Elder Tautolo (the elder who flew out of Long Beach on the same flight as me to the MTC) reports to the field today so I won't see him anymore. He's serving in Florida. Even though we didn't really know each other he would always say, "Hi Sister Kerr!" I'll miss seeing him.
I've included this link about the Manaus temple dedication. You can get a taste of what I will someday speak! 

That's all for now. Miss you and love you all!!

Love,
Sister Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment