Monday, June 3, 2013

JUNE

Querida família,

Como vocês estaõ? I can´t believe it is June already! I have 1 year left in the mission. Time is flying. Well, truthfully, it depends on the day haha. I was talking with Sister Gaertner yesterday and I really liked something she said. She said she is counting the transfers until their mission is over and any missionary who says they don´t miss home is lying. She said she is dying of homesickness, but it doesn´t mean she doesn´t love it here and that she isn´t going to work hard. If the mission president´s wife can admit she is dying of homesickness and counting down the days, then I think I have the liberty to do so, too :) 

Saturday was a very long day...so long that Sister Damaceno and I skipped church yesterday! We spent the entire night at the hospital because she was having really bad back pains. We got there at 9:30 pm and left at 3:30 am. We ended up sleeping at the mission home (super chique) because Sister Gaertner was at the hospital with us and we had to return late Sunday morning to the hospital for one more test for Sister Damaceno. We weren´t planning on not returning home so we didn´t have anything with us. I slept in my clothes from the day - skirt and t-shirt - and used it again yesterday. Gross haha. 

Of course the one Sunday we miss church the whole world decided to attend. Seriously! Adlia picked us up to drive us to lunch when we got back to Guara II and she had a laundry list of the less actives who showed up. After weeks and weeks of trying to get these people to come they decided to go the one we week we weren´t there! haha. But at least they went :) The elders from Guara I attended our sacrament meeting to take care of our investigators. 

I am dead tired today after a long week and a long night on Saturday. Yesterday was super great because we did an exchange and I got to go out with one of the ward missionaries while the other one stayed home with Sister Damaceno. I was so worried about not being able to work but everything worked out. We´ll have to see how this week goes. This is the last week of the transfer!! I have no idea if I will stay or go, but if I am transferred my email will be later in the day next Monday because of transfer meeting in the morning. 

This beginning of last week, specifically Sunday til Tuesday, were the BEST days of my mission here in Brasil so far. I was ridiculously happy. I definitely needed that. Of course the rest of the week was super hard, but at least I had a little bit of happiness saved up from those first few days.

We have been working a lot with less actives here in Guara II. Within the past two weeks we have had 5 less actives approach us in the street and start a conversation with us. The work is going well. Missions are hard, but the good days make it all worth it.

I know I am forgetting a ton of things! This happens every week haha. You think I would be used to it by now, but I want to share every moment with you guys! I hope everybody has a great week and that the month of June has started wonderfully for each one of you. Thank you for your love and support! 

LOVE YOU

Sister Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment