Monday, April 28, 2014

Happy May!

Dearest family & friends,

It´s almost May!! This Friday Sister Timario (along with 21 other missionaries) will be going home! It´s crazy how quickly these months are passing. 
This past week was the "week of rejection" for Sister Nuñez and me, but that´s okay. We learned a lot along the way. Aside from the rejection we had in all forms - phone calls, in our face, people avoiding us like the plague - we had a lot of great moments. For one thing, Marçal got married! Hooray!! We are working with him to stop drinking coffee for him to be baptized. President and Sister Gaertner were also here on Thursday and Friday for interviews. It was the last time most missionaries will have an interview with President before his mission ends on June 30, but I will have one more interview before I go home :) I am so grateful for the inspired leaders we have in the church and especially here in the mission. President Gaertner said a lot of things I needed to hear. 

Picture from Easter I never sent. Sister Nuñez and I with the chocolate eggs we got from an investigator.
My studies have been suffering a bit with the exchanges we´ve been going on and with some other problems that came up during the week, but I try and take advantage of every moment I have when I do get to study. Reading the scriptures is so important as a missionary and as a member in general. We can´t take it for granted!! This week shouldn´t be as busy.

I played soccer this morning during our zone activity! Hooray for playing sports and sweating!! It was the first time I played soccer since October! We only played on a quad but it was a lot of fun. Next week we have transfers. I have no idea if I will be staying in Palmas 3 or going back down to Brasília. In my interview with President he made it seem like I will stay, but then he told my companion I will be transferred. I don´t know what to think! All I can say is, I am praying for a happy heart wherever the Lord sends me. I know He always has a purpose and plan. 
The half of our zone that went this morning. Our zone is really big and some areas are like 2-4 hours away by bus so not everybody was able to come.
Hope you are all happy & healthy! Happy May!!

Love,
Sister Kerr
Activity on Thursday night


No comments:

Post a Comment