Monday, April 21, 2014

Quick update :)

Dear Family & friends,

This past week was crazy busy! We got back to Palmas Wednesday morning and Sister Nuñez was sick so we didn´t work that day. By the time we actually got to working it was already Thursday! We only had four days to work but it went well. Wednesday was actually kind of nice because we went to the church building where they were having neonatal training for the local doctors and nurses. The neonatal training is part of the Church´s five initiatives throughout the world to help with humanitarian efforts; the other four are vision, wheelchairs, clean water and vaccinations. Elder and Sister Wilcox, two humanitarian missionaries from Utah, were here so I spent part of the day talking with Sister Wilcox. It was so hard to speak only English without being able to throw in the Portuguese words I couldn´t remember in English. With the American missionaries we normally speak Portuguese, but the times we do speak English we speak a mixture of English & Portuguese. That didn´t work for her haha. Get ready for when I come home because I have no idea how I will adjust! I don´t think it will take too long, but we´ll see. 

Mission Council last Tuesday was great...spiritual and inspiring like always :) Our fellowshipping night on Thursday went well. Easter was good. I really liked the talks in church. Oh and on Saturday I completed my Sweet 16! Well at least that´s what I dubbed my 1 year and 4 month mark in the mission haha.

Sorry this email is short. Not much to say. Hope you are all happy & healthy!! 

Love,
Sister Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment