Monday, January 27, 2014

Happy February!

Dearest family and friends,
This transfer is going by way too quickly!! I can´t believe it is already halfway done. So serving in Palmas is awesome despite the muddy roads in the rain and the heat that comes after the rain. I know I said I would be better about writing about more gospel related things, but let me explain why I normally don´t. Every morning we have personal study and so I write what I learn in my study journal. I then share what I learned with my companion during comp study and normally write it in my personal journal at night. Monday morning we send an email to President Gaertner in which I have a tendency to relate, yet again, what I learned during the week. By the time it gets to writing this email I feel like I have already shared it a million times and like everybody has already heard it. I forget that I haven´t shared it with any of you haha.

This past week I was fortunate to go to Miracema to go on exchanges with Sister P Gonçalves and Sister Bojorquez. They are so funny; I loved being with them. Miracema is the farthest part of the mission and is pretty rural. During the 2 hour busride there I couldn´t help but be astonished by the beautiful sights that were surrounding us. There was a river on one side and these gorgeous mountains on the other that were covered in thick, dense forest. The whole time I kept singing "How Great Thou Art" in my head because there is no way Heavenly Father would give us such a beautiful earth if He didn´t love us. I have been lucky enough to see a lot of beautiful places in my lifetime but being surrounded by it on a daily basis has given me a whole new appreciation for it.

On Wednesday I studied the talk by Jeffrey R Holland title Laborers in the Vineyard. If you haven´t read it or if it´s been a while since the last time, I highly recommend that you read it. It is one of my all time favorite talks because there is always something that applies to my life in that very moment.

Aside from the great things I learned in my studies, we had so many miracles happen in the work this week! Sister Timario and I couldn´t believe how blessed we were and how special it was to see how the Lord has His hand in our life daily. Friday was a day of miracles. It was crazy!

Anyway, hope you are all happy and healthy! Here is a quote from the talk by Elder Holland.

"I do not know who in this vast audience today may need to hear the message of forgiveness inherent in this parable, but however late you think you are, however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don’t have, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines."

Have a great week! The next time I write it will already be February!!
Love,
Sister Kerr

This is how the streets get in the rain. The roads don´t exist!


Sister P Gonçalves, Sister Timario, me and Sister Bojorquez


Miracema - so pretty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment