Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy December!!

Dear family and friends,

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving! We didn´t do anything Thanksgiving related, but we did have sisters training that morning which was good. As always, I was super happy to see Sister P. Gonçalves, Sister Muniz, and Sister Blair. Any chance to get together with the other missionaries is always great. I miss Sister Blair as my comp!

So to give some updates on my companion, her name is Sister Jackson and she is from Salt Lake City. She spent the last 7 months serving in the Reno Nevada mission and even trained while she was there. She is really sweet and has such a sincere desire to speak Portuguese and help everybody here. Like I said last week, we are living in a house with 2 other sisters which is a lot of fun. Sister Barbosa and Sister Bojorquez crack me up. They are really laid back and easy to get along with. Living in a house with four sisters can either be a really great thing or a less than ideal situation. Thankfully it´s working out for us :) 

It has been super rainy these past few days which kind of puts a damper on my motivation to go out just to get soaked and freeze the whole day, but the work must go on haha. Ceilândia 3 is a really great ward. I have never seen a ward that loves sister missionaries so much!! Of course I still miss Taguatinga, but I guess that´s how it always is when you leave an area. Sister Blair wrote me an email to say that Gilmar bore his testimony yesterday in sacrament meeting and that Daniela was confirmed. I am happy to know everybody is doing well there. 

Sister Jackson and I spent this past week trying to find investigators because we are starting from scratch. We went through the old area book and tried to visit some names, but we just have to keep working. We did have one investigator at church yesterday which was good. Her name is Raimunda. We actually met her on Saturday morning and then she went to church on Sunday. 

Anyway, I am kind of behind on pics so I am going to spend more time finding them and writing about them. Hope all of you have a great week! Love you and miss you!

Love,
Sister Kerr
Disgusting sink situation we had
 
 
Daniela´s baptism
My last Sunday in Taguatinga...Gilmar went in a tie and white shirt for the first time!


On the metro Thursday morning. It was so packed! The picture doesn´t even show how crazy it was.

Sisters' Training

Sister Barbosa, Sister Bojorquez, Diogo (ward mission leader), me, Sister Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment