Monday, December 9, 2013

10 Days, 16 Days

Dearest family & friends,

So the title of this letter refers to how many days are left until the most important dates in this transfer: my one year mark and CHRISTMAS! This time last year I was buying things for the mission, trying to visit as many people as I could before leaving, enjoying the privilege of being able to work out in a gym and wondering what the mission would bring. Here I am one year later, using the same clothes I bought last year, almost 20 pounds heavier, missing everybody I haven´t seen in a year or more, and no longer wondering how the mission is. This year has flown by and dragged on at the same time.

Anyway, onto my week...

Friday I saw Sister Blair and Elder Redd after choir practice. It was almost a Taguatinga district reunion!...the only one missing was Elder Grisham. Man, last transfer was seriously so great. It has only been almost two weeks but it feels like it was so long ago. Choir practice for the mission conference has been going well. We aren´t that great but that´s ok because it´s fun.

Saturday we had our ward Christmas party which was a barbecue and white elephant gift exchange. It´s probably pretty safe to say this will be the only year I will celebrate Christmas with a barbecue during summertime. It doesn´t feel like Christmas for a lot of different reasons but the weather is definitely a big contributing factor. California doesn´t snow or get super cold, but I miss the crisp winter air we do get there. I miss wearing jeans, scarves, and sweaters! haha

Last week I also had a surprise call from Barbara from Taguatinga! It made me so happy. She called the mission office saying she had a referral to give so she could get my number. Well, they gave her the wrong number so she ended up calling the elders of Ceilândia 2 who in turn gave her the number of the other sisters in our ward who finally gave her the right number. Daniela also called me from Taguatinga, too. I have never had so much contact with a ward after leaving. It is great :) 

Our work here is going well. We found a lot of new investigators this past week and one of them, José Maria, went to church yesterday. Raimunda went to the activity on Saturday and liked it. Her son, Vinícius, who´s 11 always asks if he can say the closing prayer in the lessons. He is so cute and intelligent! He understands everything we say and can sum it up so succintly. 

Wednesday of this week we will have zone conference with our zone and zona Taguatinga. Reunion! :) haha. On May 24th we will have an apostle coming to the mission, they told us last week. Anyway, I think that´s all for now. I hope all of you have a wonderful week!! Love you and miss you.

Love,

Sister Kerr

*P-day next week will be on Tuesday, December 17th instead of Monday, December 16th. I probably won´t have a lot of time to email because we will be having a zone activity with two other zones so I imagine the day will be pretty busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment