Monday, August 12, 2013

Sooo tired but happy :)

Last week I was dying because last Monday we spent the entire p-day walking around Plano Piloto and doing all the touristy stuff. It was a lot of fun with our district and the sisters from Guará II ended up being there, too! We ran into them in the library. I am happy because I finally got to visit Os Candangos (picture below) which was something I didn´t visit when I visited Plano before.
This week will be very tiring as well because I spent practically all day playing soccer. Woo hoo! :) We had a zone activity this morning and it was a ton of fun!! By far it was the best activity we have had. We had churrasco, soda, and cake and played soccer for like 3 hours straight. I am happy :)

Our zone today :)
I had an exchange with Sister Tsukuda last week but instead of going to Lago Norte we stayed in Guará I. It was good; I always like going on exchanges with her. Last Tuesday, Sister Gonçalves and I had a super unique experience. I woke up thinking about Naide, the bishop´s wife, and felt like we needed to visit her. I worked out, got ready for the day, and did personal study but I couldn´t stop thinking about her. When companionship study started I said to Sister Gonçalves, "I think we need to visit Naide this morning before we go to lunch." She responded, "I woke up thinking about her, too!" We baked some cookies super quickly as an excuse to stop by and then headed there after language study.

When Naide answered the door she seemed really surprised and relieved to see us. We told her we baked some cookies and then asked if  she needed help with anything. We offered to wash the dishes, sweep, mop, and help straighten up the house. Normally people don´t accept our help but she let us help her. While we were cleaning the kitchen she said she woke up this morning with a lot of pain in her back because she has an illness that affects her nerves. She said she laid in bed and said, "Heavenly Father, I don´t know how I am going to manage to do everything today. I need help." A few hours later we showed up :) She was very grateful for our help. I love moments like that in the mission. Sister Gonçalves and I have days where we walk home at night and just keep saying, "This is the mission. This is what it´s all about." Tuesday was definitely one of those days :) 

Oh yeah, Saturday night the ward had a karaoke activity. I heard some Justin Beiber, The Beatles, and a few other American songs. It was a nice taste of home. Yesterday morning I was watching the movie 17 Miracles while getting ready for church. The movie was in English with Portuguese subtitles. I wanted to ask Sister Gonçalves a question so I went to her and said, "Do you think this dress is short?" She looked at me super puzzled and I thought to myself, "Why isn´t she responding?" Then I realized I had asked her in English haha. It was weird because I had been thinking in Portuguese, but because of the movie it came out in English.

Life is good. We have zone conference this Thursday in the mission home. Each of us has to prepare a 30 minute lesson and one of our names will be chosen to actually teach. I normally have bad luck so I have a feeling it will be me haha. Next Monday I will have 8 months in the mission!!

Love you all very much!!

Sister Kerr
Our district - Me, Sister Gonçalves, Sister Carlomagno, Sister Damaceno, Elder Fonseca, Elder Sowards

My mission - Brasília Guará!

Os Candangos



No comments:

Post a Comment