Monday, May 19, 2014

1 year & 5 months!

Dearest family & friends,

Today is my last mission anniversary!! So all of us sisters normally know the "missionary anniversary" of everybody which is the date you entered the MTC, and today I am celebrating my last one :( By the time 1 year & 6 months rolls around I will no longer be a sister missionary! The mission is winding down so quickly! Last week flew by because of the exchange with Sister Barbosa & Sister Jackson, going to Cabeceiras, and just the weekly things as usual. This week will also fly by because on Friday night we will be heading to Brasília to spend the night there in preparation for the Saturday morning Mission Conference.

On Saturday I will see and hear the words of an apostle in the mission field! Finally! :) Elder Neil L. Andersen will be here with us. He speaks Portuguese which will be nice to not have need of a translator. Well, for me, either way would be fine haha, but I am glad the Brazilians won´t have to hear a translator talking for him. I am excited to hear what he has to say to us in this mission at this time! We are so blessed to have living-day prophets and apostles who lead and guide us. 

I have been studying a lot about patience these past few days because it something I definitely lack, especially opening this area this transfer! The addresses here are super confusing and the layout of the city is difficult. One bairro (neighborhood) can have like three different Rua 5 and there is no way by the address to know which one it is on. Also, the house numbers rarely follow any order. The order can be as follows: 28, 33, 47, 119, 40, 98, 112, etc. Just when you think you´re maybe getting close, some random number appears and you have no idea where to go haha. I feel bad for my poor companion because of how much walking we have to do but it is part of our area. We are trying to be more efficient with our planning to get to know the area and I am trying to keep my patience when we run behind schedule. For those of you who know me, you know how much I hate running late! The Lord is helping me develop the heavenly virtue of patience and humility :) 

I have more to write but am out of time. Hope you all are happy & healthy!! Have a great week! 

Love,
Sister Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment