Monday, February 17, 2014

I stayed!

Dearest family and friends,

I stayed in Palmas 3!! And for the first time in my mission I will have the same companion for more than just one transfer. Hooray!! I was really hoping Sister Timario and I would stay together because the work was just starting to really pick up and I didn´t want us to be split up. This past week was amazing! We had prayer after prayer answered. The things we had been working and praying for all transfer finally started happening. I was nervous she would be transferred because President Gaernter had said she would most likely be going back down to Brasília this transfer, but thankfully she stayed! Can you believe up until this point in my mission Sister Ryan (my companion from the MTC) is still my longest companion? We stayed together for 9 weeks and all the others have been 5 or 6 weeks. Speaking of her, she´s doing well. We still send emails :) 

In front of the capital of city hall of Palmas
Tomorrow is my 1 year mark from leaving the MTC and entering the mission field. It seems like only yesterday I was packing my bags and getting ready to head to the San Fernando mission. Leaving my district at the MTC was one of the hardest and saddest things because we were so close. It seems like it´s been a lot longer than a year since the last time I saw them, but at the same time it has passed so quickly. 

This past week was seriously the perfect ending to the last transfer. We had meetings all week like district meeting, zone training and then sisters training on Friday, but it was awesome. My studies were great. I can´t get enough of the old General Conference talks. I have also been studying Jacob in the Book of Mormon. In the mission the allegory of the olive trees has so much more meaning because you have a different perspective on the work that is being talked about.

Hope everybody is happy and healthy!! Thank you for your support, emails, cards, pictures...everything you do to make me feel loved and remembered.

Love,
Sister Kerr
Our district last transfer

I ate sushi last week!! It was delicious :) It´s about quality not quantity...I was more satisfied after that meal than if I had eaten a whole buffett


Sisters of Zona Palmas

All of the missionaries at rodoviária last night to say goodbye to the missionaries who were transferred to Brasília

No comments:

Post a Comment